Annapurna Dhaulagiri trekking is one of the best scenic two weeks community based tea house treks in Nepal. No other treks offer such a rich variety of spectacular scenery, peace and isolation and experience of so many diverse Himalayan culture. We stay at community run and managed lodges, whose profits directly benefit local schools and people. The trail passes through many interesting traditional villages, beautiful forests and rarely trekked high alpine pastures offers magnificent views of the spectacular Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges.
On your arrival in bustling Kathmandu, Beyond Borders Ethical Adventures organizes an authentic Nepali welcome dinner with ethnic cultural entertainment. We explore the sights and sounds of world heritage sites in Kathmandu before we drive to the peaceful lake city of Pokhara. After a short drive to Nayapul we ascend slowly and steadily through the lust forest to Ghandruk and Tadapani – traditional ethnic settlements with most stunning mountain profile of the Annapurna and Machapuchare – the combination of charming tiny thatched roofed settlements set among the narrow terraced fields on the backdrop of breathtaking mountain ranges simply amaze you.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu / Nepali dinner with ethnic cultural program.
- Day 02: Visit to Buddhist shrine and Hindu Cremation temple / Trek briefing
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara, lake city and over night at hotel to start the Annapurna dhaulagiri trek.
- Day 04: Trek to Ghandruk after short drive.
- Day 05-08: Trekking to Khopra Ridge. Stunning high alpine views of Annapurna and giant Dhaulagiri at its best.
- Day 09: Full day exploration hike to the holy lake at Kaire / stay at community base teahouse
- Day 10-11: Trekking to Ghorepani on the way of old Tibet-Nepal trading route
- Day 12-13: Trekking to Poon Hill for Panoramic vistas / trek to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara
- Day 14: Drive to Kathmandu. PM Free
- Day 15: Annapurna dhaulagiri community trekking ends / Airport departure.
Dates & Cost
This is Date and Cost Description Text
- Airport pick up and drop off at internal and international terminals
- Internal flight and airport taxes
- Hotel with bed and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley with culture guide
- Trekking maps, trekking permit, national park fees
- Enough staff with English speaking guide/leader
- Full board on the trek
- Small bowl of washing water in the morning on the trek
- Toilet roll and sanitizer gel
- All the government tax
- Beyond Borders T-shirt and duffel bag
- Sleeping bag for the trek
- Medical kit, medical oxygen for emergency
- Insurance for all Nepalese staffs
- Extra night in hotel
- Lunch and dinner in the city
- Water/alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks
- Nepal visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Lunch/dinner outside of trek and welcome dinner
- International flight ticket
- Extra personal expenses for shopping, phone calls, laundry, battery recharge, water, shower etc.
- Any rescue costs and costs of early departure from trek
- Helicopter rescue or charter flight
- Staff tipping